The state of the virtual economy is such that we now see the following kinds of job openings. Oh to be 20-something again! Check out this one:
The BioWare Label is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO, social, play-for-free, and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, and Dragon Age™. BioWare currently operates in eight locations across the world, including Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), Austin (Texas), Fairfax (Virginia), San Francisco (California), Los Angeles (California), Sacramento (California), and Galway (Ireland). BioWare Austin is located in the vibrant city of Austin, Texas. This city is known as the 'Best Place for Business and Careers', the 'Live Music Capital of the World', the 'Best City for Relocating Families', and 'Best Cities for Singles'.
BioWare’s Analytics and Reporting team aggregates, analyzes, and reports data in order to inform decisions and track KPIs. The Austin studio is looking for an experienced, energetic, full-time Monetization Analyst (Digital Merchandising Specialist) to work with our development team. This person will focus on analyzing, managing, growing, and optimizing the in-game item catalog to maximize monetization potential for Star Wars®: The Old Republic™. This job requires previous experience working with item catalog management systems, high-data volumes, and monetization optimization.
More details inside.
- Work with development colleagues to define, measure, inform, and optimize an in-game item catalog system
- Inform and drive the day-to-day implementation, pricing, and optimization of in-game revenue streams
- Optimize catalog assortment (item mix/overlap) and maximize the efficiency (entry/exit timing) of the item portfolio
- Work with design and development to formulate strategies to enable individualized, player-behavior based offers
- Design, implement, and validate statistical models and A/B testing for catalog offerings, campaigns, and promotions
- Analyze and report spending behavior, buyer segmentation, and behavioral trends
- Keep abreast of competitors, providing intelligence reports on new developments within this space
- 2+ years performing quantitative analysis in a metrics-driven, digital product management environment; free-to-play micro-transaction store management experience preferred
- B.S. degree (or equivalent experience) in Statistics, Economics, Marketing and/or Computer Science
- Experience in defining, developing, testing, and optimizing digital item catalog systems
- Experience with digital product campaign and promotion design and evaluation
- Proven ability to develop hypotheses, sift through and identify critical data, analyze, report and recommend actionable insights to and collaborate with team members, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Solid grasp of finance, economics and pricing models
- Familiarity with online game design, launch and operations for MMO or social internet gaming preferred
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with business acumen and a passion for data-driven decision making
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills that translate data into decision support; high attention to detail
- Excellent SQL skills; familiarity with data warehousing structures and best practices preferred
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our job postings, we are unable to respond personally to phone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted at this time.
Location: Austin, Texas
Starting Date: Immediate
Reports To: Studio COO
Compensation: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience