Well, after further review, I hit 0.500 for 2004, so it's time to throw down for 2005. Read on for 10 fearless predictions for 2005:
1) A digital world property case will make it the courts in the United States.
2) Legislation will be proposed that is intended to "stop" "piracy" and/or to "protect" children but that actually threatens online games.
3) Guild War's experiment with a non-subscription model will be successful.
4) No US MMO will exceed 1,000,000 customers.
5) A major online game will embrace a secondary market for digital items.
6) A non-licensed, non-fantasy MMO will be successful [edit: and have over 100k users].
7) A non-game company will integrate a digital world into their CAD/CAM process.
8) A reality TV show based in a digital world will launch.
9) More of my predictions will come true than Uri's.
10) 7 or more Terra Nova authors will be at the same conference at least once.